Khoj in schools
I am Khoji from the planet Khoj. I want to be your friend. I need your help to take me back to my planet.
As is with any journey, we would need to know a lot. As my planet is far away, I’ll need a lot of help. I know kids on planet Earth are helpful and they do what they decide.
Now that you have decided to help me out, I will come to your school with some of my friends and show you some strange objects.
I have to understand what all of these are and how they work to go back to my planet! I’ll need you to play with them, prod and poke, and ask my friends whatever you have in your mind.
I am sure it will be fun to explore these objects and ideas together. It will also help you to be more curious, think better and improve your teamwork (of course I’ll need a team to take me back to my planet).
I can’t wait to meet you and your friends. Are you excited? Write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I am eager to hear from you.
Why do we do it?
- To build the courage to ask questions
- So kids can discover the world for themselves
- To have fun!
- To bring learning out of textbooks to the real world
What do we do?
- Build small hands-on models showing fundamental science principles
- Take them to schools and run workshops with Class 4 to 6
- Encourage students to play and ask questions
- Ask questions instead of giving answers